Thursday 13 August 2009

They Call Me MISTER Blurb.

I reviewed a book for a local freesheet a year or two back by local author, Sebastian Beaumont. It is entitled Thirteen and is based on his experiences as a taxi driver of the night (SFX: hooting of owls) while he studied for an MA or something grander.

Sebastian had already had five, I believe, books in the gay genre published but this was his first non-gay work. (If you want to read the review, you can download the .pdf file here; it is on page twelve. If you're sensible you won't.)

I enjoyed the book as did those to whom I lent it.

Recently, I had reason to call Sebastian in my quest to discuss the ins and outs of agents and how to approach them when he mentioned that the publishers had used a quote of mine as part of the blurb on the back cover of the second edition.

I went deaf for a few minutes as my listening apparatus became detached from my recording apparatus because my head was increasing its volume by a factor of ten.



Me, Mister Blurb!








Here is an interesting interview with Sebastion in the Guardian, Sebastian Beaumont's top 10 books about psychological journeys. He has a new book out, The Juggler, which I promised to review in return for his advice, as it is still in hardback and I brokeback I shall have to wait for the paperback to back my promise.



PS I have only just noted the typo, 'the feeing of otherness'! How much do ghosts and ghoulies charge these days?

No comments: